The General Maintenance Mechanic will have priority responsibility to assist the manager of field operations with maintenance and repair of residential, and commercial buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds upkeep. Works in sync with management to coordinate schedules, tasks/assignment and project through completion. The General Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for all Maintenance Mechanic duties, as well as, assisting the field operations manager on a daily basis and providing coordinating and leadership in his/her absence if requested. Assists with coordination of HVAC/Plumbing, electricians, maintenance engineers and other workers with their tasks and adheres to safety practices and standards. Complies with established safety guidelines and procedures. Ability to communicate with customers, team members, management, and business partners
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Appropriate manager or supervisor.
SUPERVISION OVER: None. If applicable or if requested in the absence of the Field Operations Manager or as assigned.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must have experience in general maintenance and attention to detail.
Background screening and reference checks are mandatory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed do not include all tasks which may be performed in the position of General Maintenance Mechanic:
- Maintains, services, and conducts minor to major repairs on buildings systems and equipment doing a variety of tasks requiring skills in various trades, and performed under minimal supervision
- Ability to guide and coordinate work activities with supervisor, coworkers, management, customers, and vendors as needed
- Performs a variety of skilled duties in areas of hvac, plumbing, carpentry, minor electrical, painting, or plastering, minor renovations, turnovers of residential, commercial and construction sites
- Does tasks in the following areas: electrical, painting, plumbing, welding, asbestos removal and/or carpentry work in the alteration, repair and construction of equipment and structures; resolving emergency situations;
- Ensures assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and overseeing and supporting assigned maintenance personnel in the performance of their assignments
- Routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain facilities in good condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, flooring, prepping, and match paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance).
- Helps with plumbing maintenance on existing or new systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.)
- Repair, replace, and install systems, appliances, and equipment including kitchen appliances, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, minor roofing/ceilings, and shelving
- Assist with minor and low voltage electrical maintenance (e.g. repair or replacement and install of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets; replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets when necessary)
- Conduct preventive maintenance to mechanical devices and detect malfunctions
- Run diagnostic tests to ensure system functionality and operability of equipment/systems
- Repair broken or faulty machine parts, and align and calibrate machine parts
- Perform emergency repairs and services on hvac, plumbing systems and equipment
- Fully utilizes technology (enter data, routing software, tablets, handhelds, mobile phones, and company vehicles) for documenting work, invoicing, and continuous improvement for service delivery to customers and company
- Enters/records work orders, and job completed, and service updates in Housecall Pro, and FieldEdge, mobile devices, etc.
- Helps with employees’ time/attendance reporting when requested or needed
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs and works with field service managers to provide customer information and updates
- Ability to perform basic equipment repair, carpet cleaning, painting; furniture assembly, filter changes, cleanup of garbage/debris, install light fixtures and other light maintenance work
- Ensuring compliance with safety procedures and regulations
- Landscape and outdoor ground maintenance may be required to perform
- Treating structures such as floors/carpet, showers, sinks, walls, and bathtubs
- Performs minor troubleshooting, changes filters on various ventilation units
- Skilled and proficient painting skills for applying and preparing various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; removes, paints or repairs wall coverings
- Reports mechanical malfunctions and issues to appropriate supervisor or team member for action or problem solving
- Assists in moving garbage, furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites; sets up and breaks down partitions
- As part of site support team, assists with special projects periodically as directed
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites
- Performs additional duties or assignments as needed or requested
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate required
- Experience: 3-5 years. College degree or Associate degree preferred
- Experience Substitution for Education (If allowed): Yes.
- Licenses/Certifications: Preferred, not required
- Experience in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Mechanical industry
- Good computer knowledge and ability to enter data in software/application
- Maintenance knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, residential and commercial renovations, hvac and plumbing systems
- Ability to lead others, good judgment and interpersonal skills
- Grounds keeping including sprinkler systems, pest management; appliance repair and replacement, installations
- Great understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanics
- Standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities; safety practices and procedures; proper lifting techniques;
- Communication skills, writing, math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and technology ready
- Customer focused with good judgment, and communications skills
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Standing for extended periods may be required.
- Generally, works alone, may work on some weekends, holidays and after the close of business hours may be required, and for emergency services
- Work is performed at various facilities/sites and locations in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (travel required)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, reference and drug screenings, as well as random drug and alcohol testing after hire
- Flexibility to work on weekends, holidays, after hours, and for emergency services
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Hospital Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!