POSITION SUMMARY: Plumber works under general supervision and/or under a master, licensed or lead plumber as needed to install plumbing systems, make repairs, and diagnose and problem solve minor/major plumbing issues. Works in residential or commercial or construction settings. With a team approach will work to coordinate installations and repairs/replace pipes and fixtures associated with water distribution, and sanitation systems in any designated facility. Demonstrates strong technical knowledge and use of power tools in the daily duties of plumbing. This includes ability to read interpret blueprints, diagrams, building codes, schematics, written plumbing reference material, and knowledge of water-conservation techniques. Maintains good customer services and rapport with team members and management.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Appropriate manager or supervisor
SUPERVISION OVER: If applicable
- Must have experience in general plumbing, installs, maintenance and repair of water pipes and water related systems
- Background Screening
- Reference Check
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed do not include all tasks which may be performed in the position of Plumber.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas or other liquid systems according to specifications and plumbing codes
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building
- Uses saws and pipe cutters and machinery as necessary
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Writes, takes pictures, and reports documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
- Ability to enter data and reports or information in required electronic systems or software
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
- Prepares bids and schedules and coordinates with other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
- Be on-call or ability work beyond normal hours to assist team in responding to emergency situations during off-hours, such as evenings, weekends and holidays
- Perform other assigned duties are requested or assigned
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate or equivalent required
- Experience: 3-5 years.
- Experience Substitution for Education (If allowed): Yes.
- Plumber Licenses/Certifications: Preferred (apprentices and masters).
- Certificate training programs at local community or vocational colleges
- Hands-on training all aspects of plumbing systems, equipment, and tools, etc.
- Estimating, building codes, and safety regulations
- Strong mechanical and technical plumbing skills
- Knowledge of plumbing codes, repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques
- Problem-solving/trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Decision-making ability and understanding of plumber tool, systems, and processes
- Good listening and strong verbal/written communication
- Time management skills and good judgment
- Customer service and interpersonal Skills
- Mechanical and technical plumbing skills
- Occasional lifting, carrying, safety ladder use, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 60 lbs. or more
- Physical stamina and strength
- Standing and bending for extended periods may be required
- Generally, works alone, may work on some weekends, and after the close of business hours may be required
- Plumber ordinarily work eight-hour days and may work day or night shifts
- Work additional hours to respond to emergency situations during off-hours, such as evenings or weekends or holidays
Additional Company Requirements:
- Minimum Age: 20 years’ old
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, reference check
- Pass random drug and alcohol testing after hire
- ATA company uniform must be worn in field and at service worksites
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Driving history record from MVA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!